The main application of the Aerosol Dilution System DIL 554 is in the verification of test aerosols for testing clean rooms. Guideline EN ISO 14644-3 defines the necessity of appropriate dilution systems when using test aerosols for verification. According to standard VDI 2083 for testing clean rooms and work benches it is compulsory to carry out measurements with increased concentrations in the incoming aerosol.
- Designed for mobile use (no auxiliary pressurized air and additional exhaust needed)
- Battery-operated with status indicator, 110…240VDC power supply optional
- number of systems can be cascaded
- Closed system – no additional air necessary, no generation of excessive aerosol
- Vertical flow duct of aerosol guarantees minimal deposition also for coarse particles
- Constant and reproducible aerosol dilution even under changing operation conditions
- Continuous control and display of actual dilution ratio
- Long term lifetime and reliability, minimum maintenance required
- Precise operation in both over and under pressure mode
- Dilution ratio of 1:100 at total flow rate of 28,3 l/min
- Modifications to user defined requirements (flow rates, dilution ratio) available
- Along with a particle counter self-priming system
- Mobil use by battery-operation (optional also wall power supply)
For higher dilution ratios the diluters of series DIL can be cascaded easily, or alternatively the High Dilution System HDS 561 can be used.
- Validation of laminar air flow boxes/benches and clean room/environments
- Evaluation of filtration efficiency
- Measurement of highly concentrated aerosols
- Basic aerosol research
- DEHS aerosol liquid (available in amounts of 80ml, 0,5l, 1l, 5l or 20l)
- Other aerosol liquids on request
- Quick fit tube connector (straight or elbow) (with mounting tool)
- Device carrying case for one dilution system DIL and one aerosol generator series ATM
- HDS 561: High Dilution System for various sample volume flows with adjustable dilution factors (for particle counters with volume flows from 0.3 …3l/min
- For Clean Room Applications:
- ATM 226: Aerosol Generator stainless steel housing, built-in compressor
- SYS 529: Rectangular Sampling Probe for testing of filters in clean rooms, laminar flow boxes, safety benches according to EN ISO 14644-3 and VDI 2083-3
- LAP 340: Clean Room Particle Counter stainless steel housing, 28,3 l/min (1cfm), built-in pump
- CRQWin: Clean Room Validation Software for Validation of Clean Rooms
- From the aerosol stream to be diluted a sample is taken through a thin capillary. Particle concentration of the capillary flow rate remains unchanged whereas a HEPA filter removes nearly all particles from the bypassing flow rate. After the capillary and filter both streams are mixed together again and the dilution ratio results from the ratio between the two single flow rates.
- An extreme advantage of this dilution technique is, that no auxilliary pressurized air is needed for dilution. Therefore no surplus aerosol to be exhausted is generated and chemical composition of carrier gas remains unaffected.
- In the applied principle that corresponds to the standard VDI 3491-15, particles are removed from the sample according to the specified dilution ratio – the particle size distribution remains unchanged.
- Optical particle counters have a physical limit up to which concentration they work accurately. Is this concentration exceeded errors will inevitably occur. By using the dilutor DIL 554 upstream of a particle counter, e.g. LAP 340, a dilution factor of up to 100 can be achieved. Thereby particle concentrations of >106 particles per cf (1cf = 28,3l) can be reduced to 104 per cf. This will put the particle concentration well within the range of standard particle counters.
- Power supply: 9V-bloc (6F22, 6LR61) Alkali-Mangan-Batteries preferred, alternatively with optional wall power supply
- Battery Operating Time: 100 h
- Alkali-Mangan-Battery: 240 h
- Ultralife – U9VL (Lithium-Manganoxid)
- Application Pressure Range: ± 30 kPa (300mbar)
- Accuracy of Adjusted Sample Volume Flow: ± 5 %
- Dimensions: 195 mm x 300 mm x 120 mm
- Weight: 3.2 kg
- HEPA Capsule: Filter efficiency 99,9 7% @ 0.3 µm DOP Particle (ASTM D2986-71)Minimum lifetime of 60000h guaranteed at volume flow of 28 l/min with 1000 particles/cm3 (<1 µm)
An overview of all device versions of series DIL can be found here: Specifications of the series DIL